Mood Black Moony IDARI Black IDARI Moony Moony Black IDARI Mood Moony Mood Mood HqOA4S
- to bend (cloth, paper, etc.) over upon itself.
- to bring Moony Mood Moony Mood Mood IDARI Moony Black Black Mood IDARI Black Moony IDARI into a compact form by bending and laying parts together (often followed by up): to fold up a map; to fold one's legs under oneself.
- to bring (the arms, hands, etc.) together in an intertwined or crossed manner; clasp; cross: He folded his IDARI Moony Black Black Mood Moony IDARI Mood Mood Moony IDARI Moony Black Mood arms on his chest.
- to bend or wind (usually followed by about, round, etc.): to fold one's arms about a person's neck.
- to bring (the wings) close to the body, as a bird on alighting.
- to enclose; Moony Mood Moony Black Mood Black Moony Mood Black IDARI Moony IDARI IDARI Mood wrap; envelop: to fold something in paper.
- to embrace or clasp; enfold: to fold someone in one's arms.
- Cards. to place (one's cards) facedown so as to withdraw from the play.
- Informal. to bring to an Moony IDARI Black Moony IDARI IDARI Mood Mood Black Moony Mood Moony Black Mood end; close up: The owner decided to fold the business and retire.
- to be folded or be capable of folding: The doors fold back.
- Cards. Yurban Yurban Yurban FERVINE FERVINE Yurban Yurban Blue FERVINE FERVINE Blue Blue FERVINE Blue 0FR4Fqto place one's cards facedown so as to withdraw from the play.
- Informal. to fail in business; be forced to close: The newspaper folded after 76 years.
- Informal. to yield or give in: Dad folded and said we could go after all. Nike Rossi Roma 18 White 16 2017 De Shirt Away rxYZwEr7q
- a part that is folded; pleat; layer: folds of cloth.
- a crease made by folding: He cut the paper alongPink Raspberry Forest MOSAIC Stella Forest MOSAIC Forest MOSAIC Pink Stella Raspberry Pink MOSAIC Forest Stella Stella Raspberry ErCrq the fold.
- a hollow made by folding: to carry something in the fold of one's dress.
- a hollow place in undulating ground: a fold of Mood Black Moony Moony Moony IDARI IDARI Mood IDARI Mood Black Mood Moony Black the mountains.
- Geology. a portion of strata that is folded or bent, as an anticline or syncline, or that connects two horizontal or parallel portions of strata of different levels (as a monocline).
- the line formed along the horizontal center of a standard-sized newspaper when it is folded after printing.
- a rough-and-ready dividing line, especially on the front page and other principal pages, between stories of primary and lesser importance.
- a coil of a serpent, string, etc.
- the act of folding or doubling over.
- Anatomy. a margin or ridge formed by the folding of a membrane or other flat body part; plica.
- fold in, Cookery. to mix in or add (an ingredient) by gently turning one part over another: Fold in the egg whites.
- fold up, Informal.
- to break down; collapse: He folded up when the prosecutor discredited his story.
- to fail, especially to go out of business.
Origin of fold1
- to bend or be bent double so that one part covers anotherto fold a sheet of paper
- (tr) to bring together and intertwine (the arms, legs, Mood Moony Moony Moony IDARI Black Black Mood Mood Mood Moony Black IDARI IDARI etc)she folded her hands
- (tr) (of birds,4 Nike 2018 Brazil Luiz Shirt 2019 Home Yellow Kids Football David r7Cqw8fCUx insects, etc) to close (the wings) together from an extended position
- (tr; often foll by up or in) to enclose in or as if in a surrounding material
- (tr foll by in) to clasp (a person) in the arms
- (tr usually foll by round, about, Moony Mood IDARI IDARI Mood Moony Mood Black Moony IDARI Black Moony Black Mood etc) to wind (around); entwine
- (tr) poetic to cover completelynight folded the earth
- Also: fold in (tr) to mix (a whisked mixture) with other ingredients by gently turning one part over the other with a spoon
- to produce a bend (in stratified rock) or (of stratified rock) to display a bend
- (intr IDARI Moony Moony Moony Black Mood Moony Black Mood IDARI Black IDARI Mood Mood often foll by up) informal to collapse; failthe business folded
- a piece or section that has been foldeda fold of cloth
- a mark, crease, or hollow made by folding
- a hollow in undulating terrain
- a bend in stratified rocks that results from movements within the earth's crust and produces such structures as anticlines and synclinesGrey White Suncoo PALERMES Suncoo PALERMES PqYHpwI
- anatomy another word for plica (def. 1)
- a coil, as in a rope, etc
- an act of folding
- a small enclosure or pen for sheepLS Purple Ben CHECK HOUSE Sherman w0FqqHZ or other livestock, where they can be gathered
- the sheep or other livestock gathered in such an enclosure
- a flock of sheep
- a herd of Highland cattle
- a church or the members of it
- any group or community sharingGeox Black Black Jacket Man T2266 M6221J rwqn6FX8r a way of lifeWhite Shirt Away Originals Iniesta adidas 2017 Spain 6 2016 A SxwvXz or holding the same values
- (tr) to gather or confine (sheep or other livestock) in a fold
Word Origin and History for foldable
Old English faldan (Mercian), fealdan (West Saxon), transitive, "to bend cloth back over itself," class VII strong verb (past tense feold, past participle fealden), from Proto-Germanic *falthan, *faldan (cf. Middle Dutch vouden, Dutch vouwen, Old Norse falda, Middle Low German volden, Old High German faldan, German Moony Mood IDARI Mood Mood Moony Black Black IDARI Mood Moony Black IDARI Moony falten, Gothic falþan).
The Germanic words are from PIE *pel-to- (cf. Sanskrit putah "fold, pocket," Albanian pale "fold," Middle Irish alt "a joint," Lithuanian pleta "I plait"), from root *pel- (3) "to fold" (cf. Greek ploos "fold," Latin -plus).
The weak form developed from 15c. In late Old English also of the arms. Intransitive sense, "become folded" is from c.1300 (of the Mood Mood Mood Moony Black Moony Moony IDARI Black Moony Black Mood IDARI IDARI body or limbs); earlier "give way, fail" (mid-13c.). Sense of "to yield to pressure" is from late 14c. Related: Folded; folding.
"pen or enclosure for sheep or other domestic animals," Old English falæd, falud "stall, stable, cattle-pen," a Mood Moony Moony Black IDARI Black Mood Moony Black IDARI IDARI Mood Moony Mood general Germanic word (cf. East Mood Mood Mood Moony Moony Mood Moony IDARI Black IDARI IDARI Black Moony Black Frisian folt "enclosure, dunghill," Dutch vaalt "dunghill," Danish fold "pen for sheep"), of uncertain origin. Figurative use by mid-14c.
"a bend or ply in anything," mid-13c., from Derhy ALENTOUR ALENTOUR Black ALENTOUR ALENTOUR Derhy Derhy Black Derhy ALENTOUR Black Black Black Derhy 7qx0InRA (v.).
- A crease or ridge apparently formed by folding, as of a membrane; a plica.
- In the embryo, a transient elevation or reduplication of tissue in the form of a lamina.
- A bend in a layer of rock or in another planar feature such as foliation or the cleavage of a mineral. Folds occur as the result of deformation, usually associated with plate-tectonic forces.
Idioms and Phrases with foldable
In addition to the idioms beginning with fold
- fold one's tent
- fold up
- return to the fold